NAF 26-20 LAUNDRY ATTENDANT
- Announcement Number:
- NAF 26-20
- Position Status:
- Regular Part-Time
- $10.92 - 10.92 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
NON-APPROPRIATED FUND (NAF) POSITION
POSITION TITLE: Laundry Attendant, NA 7304 02
LOCATION: NGIS, Naval Air Station, Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, Louisiana
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Greater New Orleans and Surrounding Area
RELOCATION EXPENSES: N/A
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times. Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times. Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions. Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary. Sorts, washes, dries, folds, bundles, wraps, and issues linen in accordance with established instructions and/or as directed by Leader/Supervisor. Operates commercial washers, dryers and ironing press; paying special attention to detail while working with the laundry to prevent staining, over-bleaching, or over-starching Picks up and delivers laundry to various facilities. May be required to load, unload, attach/detach laundry chemicals as needed by hand or using carts, dollies, hand trucks, golf carts or similar lifting/carrying devices. Inventory laundry to detect missing and/or damaged items. Maintains inventory, records damages, and issues requests for replacement items to sustain par standards set by management. Reads and follows written directions from manufacturer and/or supervisor on the proper use of all equipment and chemicals. Cleans filters, equipment, and notifies supervisor of any malfunctions. Sweeps, mops, dust, and empties trash in order to maintain cleanliness of laundry facility and linen storage areas. Maintains documentation of work performed on a daily and monthly basis. Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Able to apply general knowledge of processes, chemicals (including MSDS), and equipment associated with laundry services. Adherence to basic safety policies is required. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and writing in English. Must possess basic math and reading skills.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: This position may be designated ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused. This position is subject to the possibility of workdays on weekends and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours. The staff member may be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime, including on an emergency basis. In order to verify fitness for duty, a complete physical examination at a military medical facility may be required. May be required to possess a valid state driver license, as travel to other facilities may be required within the normal scope of duties. Applicants will be notified when this is a requirement for appointment. This position is subject to a favorable national background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Resumes may be submitted along with Optional Form- 306, this form is available at www.opm.gov/formsoptional-forms. Application forms are available at the NAF HR office.
2. Please ensure that your resume or application contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement along with any supporting documents, or your application may not be considered.
3. Management reserves the right to cancel vacancy announcements at any time during the recruitment process subject to DOD priority list, and other priority consideration lists.
Send application/resume packages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail copy to:
Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department
400 Russell Avenue, Bldg. 261
New Orleans, LA 70143-5012
Attn: Shelly Vicknair or Mindy Ussery
Phone: (504) 678-3231
Fax: (504) 678-9866
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
Some positions have special requirements. In these cases selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements. Applicants may be required to provide proof of education, etc. All selections are contingent upon the obtaining satisfactory employment reference checks.
Direct Deposit of your paycheck is mandatory and is a condition of employment.
Occupants of this position must maintain the privacy of official work information and data and demonstrate the highest level of ethical conduct.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
We are an E-Verify participant.
APPLICANTS CLAIMING HIRING PREFERENCE: Please ensure your status is indicated in your USAJOBS account and ALL required documents to claim preference are submitted at the time of resume submission.
WHAT ARE PREFERENCES? Preferences are advantages in the candidate selection process. Individuals can claim the following preferences:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
•Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
•If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
•Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
•Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
•Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
•Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
•Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
•Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED AND APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED